Grilled steak quesadillas is an excellent way to use leftover steak. What’s even better is how quick and easy this recipe is to throw together.
Grilled Steak Quesadillas
Grilled steak quesadillas is an excellent way to use leftover steak. What's even better is how quick and easy this recipe is to throw together.
- 1 lb skirt steak grilled and sliced across the grain
- 6 burrito size flour tortillas
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 ears grilled corn cut off the cob
- creamy jalapeno sauce [see recipe below]
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend
- Grill the skirt steak on a nice hot grill (around 500 degrees) for only 2-3 minutes on each side. Remove the steak from the grill and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the rested steak against the grain.
- Spread the creamy jalapeno sauce on 1/2 of the tortilla.
- Layer steak, black beans, corn, and shredded cheese on top of the sauce.
- Fold the tortilla in half.
- Gently slide the quesadilla onto the medium-hot grill with the folded side away from you and the "smile" pointing toward you.
- After 3-4 minutes, gently flip the quesadilla over so that the fold is now closest to you.
- After 2-3 more minutes on the grill, remove the quesadilla to a cutting board.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and salsa
For this recipe we obviously prepared a freshly grilled skirt steak specifically for these quesadillas. However, you can definitely make these quesadillas with whatever cut of leftover steak you have in the fridge. We just recommend that you select a nice tender variety of steak that won’t be too chewy in your quesadilla bite. Our skirt steak that we purchased at Costco came pre-marinated. We found that the flavor of this marinade was perfect as-is, and only added some salt and pepper to the meat. If you’re fixing a skirt steak that is not already seasoned, feel free to use your own beef marinade of choice if you’d like. *Nutrition facts do not include the creamy jalapeno sauce. Please refer to that recipe separately for nutrition information.
Calories: 395kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 516mg | Potassium: 446mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 246IU | Calcium: 294mg | Iron: 3mg